Welcome to my page

I started this blog to give you insight of things you may not know about massage. Often times I hear, "I did not know that." and now you will...

Friday, August 26, 2011

Oops I did it again...

I went to post the other day and realized that I already posted and now just realized that I went again another couple of days without posting.

OK, I have one. Please, Please PLEASE don't call me a masseuse. I am not a masseuse--- I am a massage therapist. Yes, masseuse is french for massage "woman who practices massage", but I will let Julie explain it:


"The words masseuse and masseur were once valid terms for describing a person who does massage on people for a profession. More recently the words are more associated with people doing massage out of a massage parlor which also was once a valid term for a place of massage.
These words are now more associated with people who are engaging in prostitution or other illegal acts.
Massage Therapist more accurately describes a professional massage therapist who does massage for relaxation along with doing massage for injuries, athletes and others. Massage Therapists are usually trained in the art and science of massage."
http://thebodyworker.com/massage_blog/masseusemasseur-vs-massage-therapist/
From Julie Onofrio's website
OK, so there is my post for today... something you may not have known about massage ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment