Welcome to my page

I started this blog to give you insight of things you may not know about massage. Often times I hear, "I did not know that." and now you will...

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Massage Therapy

So quite often I get asked, what is my recommendation for how often should one get a massage.
My answer is quite simple: whenever.
I will probably never make a million dollars doing massages with an answer like that but I cannot also bring myself to "recommend" someone to come to me because ultimately my client may feel that I am money motivated.
Ideally, a person should get massaged at least once a week--- why? Because for 1 hour (or more) you are stress free-- no worries about the children, the work, the spouse--- NOTHING!! While all the stress of the week has taken years off your life {because stress does cause health problems}--- the one hour massage (or more) starts to bring years back to your life. Now that is ideal-- a massage once a week but it may NOT be realistic for some, why? Because finances play a important role in how often one can afford such a service.
As a massage therapist, I cannot afford massages on a weekly basis... and NO I will NOT do a trade-- I am VERY picky about who touches me. I will NOT give a great massage only to receive a poor one in return, blame me? And besides, I would rather give massages than to receive one.
So back to when to get a massage--- although ideally once a week would be good... if you can't than get it as often as you can. I have clients who come once a week, biweekly, once a month or even once every couple of months. {Time is also a factor when scheduling a massage, usually self gets put on the back burner} I will say that I cannot "fix you" in an hour, massage is a process to work out the muscles... you may have to come often at first and then can come on a maintenance basis.  Massage therapy is also preventative medicine... having massages often can help prevent injuries even help boost your immune system!
So don't just sit there, go book your massage today!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment