Welcome to my page

I started this blog to give you insight of things you may not know about massage. Often times I hear, "I did not know that." and now you will...

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Massage???

So another couple of days have passed since I posted, I remembered last night as I was drifting off to sleep that I forgot to post AGAIN! Since I don't think anyone reads my post, I guess I don't feel like I am letting anyone down but if I am, please let me know!! So again I am stuck as to what to post. OH, it just came to me!
PLEASE be sure that the therapist you have working on you is licensed and has had schooling. Being in Europe currently, I know that "massage therapists" are generally beauticians who have been trained to do the basic minimum in massage--- in other words, they are only going to rub lotion on you, period! I can't say this about all massage therapist because currently I know of ONE yes ONE massage therapist who is licensed and certified like me... and of course she is American as well and works on post... so her training was extensive... and while I am on the subject of massage, let me just touch on the subject of "DEEP TISSUE"
For everyone who wants a deep tissue massage... a deep tissue massage isn't what you think it is.
What you think deep tissue is and what I think deep tissue is is two different definitions.
What you think deep tissue is: a very firm perhaps painful massage
What I think deep tissue is: very specific work on a muscle group NOT on the whole body
So if you want a deep pressure massage, please specify that when you come... I will let you know that I don't subscribe to any one modality in my massage... I take several modalities and use them so that when you leave my room, you feel different. I haven't had any complaints (at least not to my face) about what I do. I love what I do and I believe I do it well. Well that is my 2 cents for the day... hopefully I can remember to do this tomorrow :]

No comments:

Post a Comment