Welcome to my page

I started this blog to give you insight of things you may not know about massage. Often times I hear, "I did not know that." and now you will...

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Massage

When you hear massage... what is the first thing that pops into your head? Is it relaxation? Does your muscles begin to melt at the sound of the word?

I honestly can tell you that when I hear the word massage, I kind of cringe. Why? Because since I moved to Europe, I have had my fair share of crappy massages. I don't think of relaxation, I think of how much my body is in pain and the "therapist" will once again neglect it. Of course when I talk to people about massage, I think of MY work as a massage therapist and I get happy talking about what I have been able to do for my clients. I also become envious of my clients because I don't have anyone to massage me like I do, lol!
I thought about this because I get mixed responses when I tell people I am a massage therapist. I get people who smile and ask for my number... then I have those that are like "oh well, okay."
It's hard to get away from introducing myself as a massage therapist... I would like to say something like:
"Hi, my name is Sandy Black. I work with muscles therapeutically to reduce tension and contractions using various techniques such as hot stones and deep pressure."
Something like that, lol!
I hope that my clients think those happy thoughts when they tell others about me and my work--- and if you haven't seen me, maybe you should!!

No comments:

Post a Comment