Welcome to my page

I started this blog to give you insight of things you may not know about massage. Often times I hear, "I did not know that." and now you will...

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Rhomboids

If you are like me, you spend some time on the computer or worse, you have a computer desk job. When this happens, your posture gets more out of whack than it already is. Your shoulders are more rounded inward and your neck is jutting forward. This over stretches your rhomboid muscles. So when a therapist massages your back (especially the area in between your shoulder blades) you are like "that is so tight in there."  When in fact, it isn't tight, it is over stretched and MAD!!! So I have given you a website that shows you different strengthening exercises:

http://www.physioadvisor.com.au/8292950/rhomboids-exercises-rhomboid-strengthening-exerc.htm

Strengthening is different than stretching because after all they are already over stretched. You want to strengthen them and your posture will greatly improve!

No comments:

Post a Comment