Welcome to my page

I started this blog to give you insight of things you may not know about massage. Often times I hear, "I did not know that." and now you will...

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Headaches

Did you know that you have 8 little muscles located at the base of your skull and one of them is actually connected to the dura mater around your brain. This muscle (which I cannot remember the name of off the top of my head) is the one that  more than likely causes headaches--- a tension headache because when it contracts, it pulls at your brain.  This type of headache, of course, can be treated with massage.
The trick is trying to determine what type of headache you have at the time:

  • tension headache
  • migraine
  • cluster headache
  • mixed headache
  • sinus headache
  • headache due to dehydration
Perhaps in the next post, I will post the symptoms of each... but this is it for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment