Welcome to my page

I started this blog to give you insight of things you may not know about massage. Often times I hear, "I did not know that." and now you will...

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Advice from Jillian Michaels about stretching...

This was posted on her facebook page and thought I would share, it's great stuff!

"Static stretching after workouts & on off days can help improve your strength & performance.This is because longer muscle fibers permit faster contraction speeds,which can result in greater power.One caveat-do not do static stretching before you lift.It has been shown to decrease power of your contraction and thus the intensity of your workout. Dynamic stretching & cardio as a warm up.Static stretching to cool down."


I continue to remind my clients that stretching is so very important to muscle health... don't forget to stretch AFTER your workout!!

No comments:

Post a Comment